I’m a Filipino American YA book blogger. Somewhat of a coffee connoisseur, although I no longer mention anything related to coffee in my blog anymore. I’m also fond of art, films (specifically in the new wave era), & music.
If I’m not updating this blog, you will most likely find me on twitter, tumblr, or goodreads. My favorite books often have tragic backstories, anti-heroes, complex plots, and excellent diction. Although I am not a writer, I have a lot of book ideas in my mind. When I’m not daydreaming, you can usually find me reading, blogging, or bookstagramming.
RANDOM BOOKISH FACTS ABOUT ME (not that it matters):
- I read paranormal romance to help get me out of a book-slump. It was also the first YA genre I read.
- The first author I met was Marie Lu and minutes after that, Victoria Schwab. It was an embarrassing experience for me. I was a ball of anxiety and I can’t help fangirl over different fictional characters!!!
- I re-read books no matter how long my TBR is. I think I read Shadow and Bone 3x, A Court of Thorns and Roses 3x, and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer Stone 2x.
- My favorite book I read in High School was Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. Ever since I read it, I started googling about books in the dystopian genre. I actually read The Hunger Games before Brave New World and I had no idea that dystopia was actually a genre.
- I usually read 2-4 books at a time. I get distracted a lot, okay? Then it becomes a race. I will probably only finish reading 1-2 of them. Everything else gets half-finished and never to return to again. Bad habits, I guess.
TYPES OF MUSIC I LIKE
(or types of music you might hear in my bookish playlist):
SOME FILMS I LIKED…